Last week in the news: JDK 19 has reached its initial release candidate phase; Chinese-linked cyber crims nab $529 million from Indian nationals.
- Java News Roundup by InfoQ: NetBeans 15, Jakarta EE 10, jtreg 7, Spring Cloud, Groovy, Helidon, Micronaut.
- JDK 19 and JDK 20: What We Know So Far. JDK 19 has reached its initial release candidate phase.
Career and IT market:
- Live updates: Twitter's whistleblower testifies before Senate committee. Peiter “Mudge” Zatko alleged in his whistleblower disclosures and in his testimony that Twitter may have foreign spies currently on its payroll.
- Apple iOS 16 is now available for download. Among the most anticipated changes is the ability to edit and unsend recently sent iMessages.
- How the head of Facebook plans to compete with TikTok and win back Gen Z. Facebook is figuring out what a new generation wants from social media.
- Former Conti ransomware gang members helped target Ukraine, Google says. A blog from the Threat Analysis Group describes the tactics of a Russia-linked threat actor.
- New attack can unlock and start a Tesla Model Y in seconds, say researchers. The sophisticated relay attack requires two thieves working together — one near the owner and one near the car.
- Chinese-linked cyber crims nab $529 million from Indian nationals. Authorities also bust a shell company scam operation with links to the Middle Kingdom.