We continue a series of videos with a career consultant at CG University Shubham Dumbre, in which he talks about training, job search, and career building. In this video, he explains how popular Java is and why developers and businesses choose it.
How popular is Java and why do developers and businesses choose it?Java is a popular programming language that is used to create complex software for various devices and integrated systems. It is described as the “write once, run anywhere” programming language that is currently being used almost everywhere. Even though Java has existed for the last three decades, there is still high demand for Java for enterprise software solutions. Using the latest Java technologies for your projects, you can keep up with consumers regularly. Thus, Java has a bright future. It is widely used in many industries, including financial services, retail, and healthcare. In addition, newer technologies like artificial intelligence and the internet of things are being built using Java. So the demand for Java developers is likely to continue to grow in the future.
Why Java Won’t Disappear in the Future?Java has a Java virtual machine, which is used by other technologies such as Kotlin and Scala. Moreover, developers can write the same code that will function on various OS like Linux and Microsoft Windows. Java won’t fade away soon. Here’s why. Because you can do a lot with Java:
- It’s an excellent choice for creating streaming apps thanks to its reactive function.
- Java is still used in web, mobile development, big data, IoT (Internet of Things), blockchain, and artificial intelligence.
- It’s possible to develop FaaS (function as a service) and serverless apps with Java’s robust functionality.
- It is extensively used in the Android mobile operating system.
- Java keeps pace with the progress and updates its versions every six months for the last couple of years.