Everything you wanted to know about the CodeGym app and web version of the course
Java is the best language to start programming, while learning online is the best way to master programming. You can learn at your own pace (from 15 minutes a day to several hours) to find the best approach for reaching your goals and judging your level of knowledge.
You have two options for mastering the basics of Java programming with CodeGym: in the mobile application or in the web version. However, there is a third one: to study both on the website and in the application :) To unravel the tangle of questions from the beginning (where is it better to learn? how much does the training cost? what do subscriptions give?), we'll talk about everything step by step.
1. CodeGym mobile app
The ability to learn "on the fly" is a must for most of us: the fast pace of life makes us use every 15-30 minutes of free time wisely. In mastering programming, of course, everything is not that simple. You need to delve into the tricky theory, write a code that compiles, and check its correctness to the last parenthesis and semicolon.
CodeGym has solved these contradictions by developing a mobile environment for you to write code and putting together a course full of short lectures and tasks of varying complexity. The simplest ones can be solved during a break at work or between studies, or on your way home.
The mobile version of the CodeGym course suits the best for:
- Those who have zero experience in programming but tend to try their hand at a low cost and for a short time: 1-3 months will make it clear how interested you are in Java, working with code and CodeGym's training format;
- Those who need the very basics of programming + a little experience in writing code: the higher the level, the larger the tasks become, and later the coding projects appear that are easier to write from a computer;
- Those who can still allocate very little time for daily training: even 15 minutes a day is enough to read a short lecture or solve a couple of simple problems. Learn at your own pace!
In-app course subscription options:* prices are in dollars, the total cost of app subscription = the equivalent of this amount at the exchange rate in your currency + the amount of tax added according to the legislation of your country (if any)
What you get with a Premium subscription in the Android app:
- Java course with lectures and tasks, divided into 4 quests: Java Syntax, Core, Multithreading, and Collections (only in the application);
- Solution and instant check of tasks in the mobile IDE (a development environment that we created specifically for writing code from a smartphone. It has an extensive list of auto-completion and hints and a user-friendly interface);
- Adjusting a flexible training schedule with reminders via push notifications;
- Sections "Help," "Groups," "Chat," and "Forum" for communication with other students and reading helpful information about learning programming, a career in IT.
2. The Complete CodeGym Course in a Web Version
If you want to focus on profound learning right away, your choice is to subscribe to the web version of the CodeGym course. It allows you to take the course both on the website and the application (your progress is synchronized).
Premium subscription in web version:
What you get with a Premium subscription for the web version of the course:
- Java course with lectures and tasks, divided into 4 quests: Java Syntax, Core, Multithreading, and Collections;
- Problem-solving and automatic verification directly on the site or in the CodeGym plugin for the IntelliJ IDEA development environment, a professional tool for writing programs. The plugin allows you to get conditions and requirements for tasks directly into the development environment, send solutions for verification and get the result;
- Sections "Help," "Groups," "Chat" and "Forum" for communication with other students and reading helpful information about learning programming, career;
- Section "Games": with projects for writing their own versions of cult games, which can be shared with friends;
- A Premium subscription for the web version of the course gives you access to learning both on the website and in the CodeGym mobile app.
Premium PRO subscription in web version:
What you get with a Premium Pro subscription:
- All Premium features for the web and mobile version of the course;
- Re-solving problems within three days;
- Checking the style of your code.