Last week in news: new tools for Java code compilation & visualization, increasing earnings & salaries in Big Tech, Tesla might become a rival for Google and Apple.
- Java News Roundup by InfoQ: Payara Platform 2022 Roadmap, OpenJDK Drafts, Kotlin 1.6.20-M1, Gradle 7.4.
- Azul Launches Java Cloud Compiler: it offloads Java JIT compilation from a local system to an elastic resource, decreasing the resources needed to run the application.
- Tesla might be busy with developing its own app store: some hints pointing in this direction were found in the latest version 11 update of Tesla’s in-car interface.
- The release of Graph Buddy: a brand new tool for Java / Scala code visualization.
Career and IT market:
- “The strong got stronger”: Big Tech companies shared their earnings in 2021.
- Amazon boosts max base pay to $350k for corporate and tech employees, from $160,000 previously.
- Brute-forcing passwords is the most popular method of cyberattacks: the exploit of ProxyLogon vulnerabilities against Microsoft Exchange Server, and Log4j vulnerabilities are also in the top 3.
- Cybercriminals increasingly targeting Linux: businesses still aren’t ready for it.
GO TO FULL VERSION