Last week in news: new tools for Java code compilation & visualization, women stopped leaving IT thanks to remote working, cyber attacks on Ukraine and the USA.
- Java News Roundup by InfoQ: JEP 424, NetBeans 13, Hazelcast 5.1, JHipster 7.7, Spring Cloud Gateway CVEs.
- JetBrains has released Kotlin 1.6.20-M1: Preview version features context receivers and performance improvements.
- What we know so far about JDK 18 and JDK 19: the final set of nine new features, plans for project Valhalla in 2022.
Career and IT market:
- How Russia's invasion of Ukraine threatens the IT industry. What the war in Eastern Europe will mean for relationships with companies and outsourced tech talent connected with Russia.
- Women leaving IT sector down by nearly half due to remote working: at the non-managerial level, the attrition had declined about 40 percent.
- LinkedIn profiles can now display career breaks. This feature is being introduced in response to users asking for ways to highlight the positive aspects of career breaks.
- Ukraine and US targeted by cybersecurity attacks in run-up to Russian invasion. New reports detail phishing attacks and hacks.
- Samsung confirms hackers stole Galaxy source code. The same group behind a recent Nvidia hack has claimed responsibility.