Last week in news: Google has open-sourced the Java Source code for Google App Engine Standard, why developers have become difficult to keep in the workplace.
- Google Java App Engine Standard is Now Open Source. Google App Engine was designed to make it easy for developers to deploy and scale their web applications.
- Java News Roundup by InfoQ: JDK 19 and Jakarta EE 10 Updates, Ansynch and Buffered Logging by Amazon Corretto.
- Gradle 7.4 Introduces Aggregated Test Reports. Version 7.4 of their open-source build automation tool allows developers to create aggregated test and Jacoco coverage HTML reports.
Career and IT market:
- Why tech's Great Resignation may have only just begun. Two-thirds of tech workers are either already seeking new jobs or are open to moving.
- Arm to cut up to 15% of jobs following failed takeover by Nvidia: Arm employs 6,400 people worldwide.
- Only 29% of IT employees have solid plans to stay with their current employer – Gartner's latest Global Labor Market Survey.
- Google buys cybersecurity company Mandiant for $5.4 billion. The acquisition will complement Google Cloud’s existing security services.
- New destructive wiper malware affecting computers in Ukraine. It’s been dubbed “CaddyWiper” by analysts at ESET.
GO TO FULL VERSION