Last week in news: Java news roundup and news about JDK19, vulnerabilities and data leaks.
- The Future of Java as Seen by Mark Little at Devoxx UK 22: Native Java, Adoptium and Faster Pace.
- Java News Roundup by InfoQ: JEPs for JDK 19, Project Lilliput Milestone, Spring Framework, Quarkus 2.9.0.
- Kotlin 1.7.0 beta alters builder type inference. A new memory manager is also featured in the planned language upgrade.
- JDK 19: The features targeted for Java 19. Virtual threads, pattern matching for switch expressions, a vector API, and a Linux/RISC-V port.
Career and IT market:
- Elon Musk says Twitter deal “cannot move forward” until it proves bot numbers. Tesla CEO says fake / spam accounts could make up ‘much more’ than 20 percent of users.
- How developers are starting to prioritize wellness at work. New data from Stack Overflow has found that despite many employers encouraging employee wellness, not all software developers are following their advice.
- Former eBay executive pleads guilty to harassment campaign involving live insects.
GO TO FULL VERSION