Last week in news: Java developer tool updates, new software vulnerabilities exploited by hackers.
- Java News Roundup by InfoQ: JEP 428, MicroStream Joins Micronaut Foundation, Spring and Apache Groovy Updates.
- JEP 428: Structured Concurrency to Simplify Java Multithreaded Programming.
- GitHub Enterprise Server adds code security, automation features. Update to GitHub’s software for managing repositories on private servers features GitHub Container Registry access.
Career and IT market:
- Elon Musk threatens to walk away from Twitter deal. He openly accuses the social media company of breaching the merger agreement by not providing the data he has requested on spam and fake accounts.
- Apple’s macOS Ventura leaves trusty 2015 MacBook Pro behind. Along with the much less beloved 2013 trashcan Mac Pro.
- Google contractors say a recruiting company has been systematically skimming their pay.
- China-linked hackers are exploiting a new vulnerability in Microsoft Office. The vulnerability, dubbed ‘Follina,’ began to be widely reported just days ago.
- Apple's New Feature Will Install Security Updates Automatically Without Full OS Update.