Last week in news: Canadian internet giant Rogers says it will give credits to millions of its customers, Web3 projects have lost more than $2 billion to hacks this year.
- Java News Roundup by InfoQ: Eclipse Soteria 3.0, Log4j, Hibernate ORM, IntelliJ IDEA.
- PostgreSQL Interface for Cloud Spanner now generally available.
Career and IT market:
- Twitter sues Elon Musk to force him to complete acquisition. In April 2022, Elon Musk entered into a binding merger agreement with Twitter, promising to use his best efforts to get the deal done.
- Thousands of leaked Uber documents show extreme steps company allegedly took to expand aggressively.
- Canadian mobile and internet giant Rogers says it will give credits to millions of its customers after a nationwide outage last week.
- Read the memo Google’s CEO sent employees about a hiring slowdown. “Greater urgency, sharper focus, and more hunger”.
- Apple’s new feature adds “extreme” protection to your devices. Lockdown Mode is for people who might be targeted by state-sponsored spyware, but anyone can use it.
- Web3 projects have lost more than $2 billion to hacks this year. A new report from CertiK flags major losses and a growing threat from flash loan attacks.