Last week in the news: A Russian-backed malware group is spoofing pro-Ukraine apps; now Microsoft Office is blocking macros by default.
- JetBrains launches Containerized Dev Env Space On-Premises In Feature-Constrained Beta.
- Java News Roundup by InfoQ: JDK 19 in RDP2, Oracle Critical Patch Update, TornadoVM on M1, Grails CVE.
Career and IT market:
- Elon Musk's Tesla sells most of its Bitcoin holdings. The electric car firm has offloaded 75% of its Bitcoin.
- “We are not satisfied with the results.” Snap stock tanks 25% after another disappointing quarter.
- This delivery startup was valued at more than $11 billion. Then it slashed thousands of workers.
- T-Mobile agrees to pay customers $350 million in settlement over massive data breach.
- Now Microsoft Office is blocking macros by default. The change started rolling out this week to try to stop people from opening malware-laden files.
- A Russian-backed malware group is spoofing pro-Ukraine apps, Google finds. Details were published in a blog post from the Threat Analysis Group.