Last week in the news: Updates of tools for Java developers, Nomad crypto bridge loses $200 million in ‘chaotic’ hack.
- Java News Roundup by InfoQ: Helidon 3.0, GraalVM 22.2, IntelliJ IDEA 2022.2, Vert.x Virtual Threads.
- Jetpack Compose 1.2 Includes Lazy Grids, Support for Google Fonts, and More.
Career and IT market:
- Robinhood to cut 23% of its workforce, revenue sinks 44%.
- Apple's profit declines nearly 11%. The company works through an economic downturn and supply chain disruptions in China due to the country's zero-Covid policy.
- Airbnb bookings hit record high as travel recovers. Nearly 104 million nights and experiences were booked on the platform from April through June.
- A man made millions unlocking T-Mobile phones with stolen passwords. He reportedly unlocked hundreds of thousands of phones.
- Nomad crypto bridge loses $200 million in ‘chaotic’ hack. A smart contract bug let a large number of attackers drain the project’s funds.