Last week in the news: Amazon to buy the company behind the Roomba in a $1.7 billion deal; hackers might have figured out your secret Twitter accounts.
- Java News Roundup by InfoQ: Spring Cloud, Liberica NIK, Open Liberty, Micronaut, JHipster, Apache ShenYu.
- GitHub Projects Now Generally Available. It includes new features for issue grouping and pivoting, metadata customization, charting, and improved automation.
Career and IT market:
- US gaming software developer Unity wants to supercharge its growth in China. The San Francisco-based company first entered China in 2012.
- Elon Musk sells nearly 8 million Tesla shares. Those April sales came soon after Musk had reached a deal to buy Twitter for $44 billion.
- Amazon to buy the company behind the Roomba in a $1.7 billion deal. The deal has the potential to expand Amazon's robotics lineup.
- The US invests $280bn in high tech to compete with China. The investments include tax breaks for companies that build computer chip manufacturing plants in the US.
- Hackers might have figured out your secret Twitter accounts. A bad actor reportedly exposed 5.4 million Twitter accounts.
- Single-Core CPU Cracked Post-Quantum Encryption Candidate Algorithm in Just an Hour.
GO TO FULL VERSION