Last week in the news: JetBrains IntelliJ IDEA 2022.2 uses Java 17 Runtime, Nearly half of all teens say they use the internet “almost constantly.”
- Java News Roundup by InfoQ: Extent-Local Variables, Payara Platform, Project Reactor, Ktor, Spring Web Flow.
- JetBrains IntelliJ IDEA 2022.2 uses Java 17 Runtime. It also supports frameworks such as Scala, Kotlin, Spring 6 and Spring Boot 3.
- GraalVM 22.2 adds Library Configuration Repository. Release 22.2 by Oracle Labs addresses a long-standing pain point by introducing a configuration repository for Java libraries.
Career and IT market:
- Apple employees will return to the office in September under hybrid model. Employees will come in Tuesdays, Thursdays, and a day set by individual teams.
- Report: $1.9 billion stolen in crypto hacks so far this year. The new standard — known as the Open Cybersecurity Schema Framework.
- Nearly half of all teens say they use the internet “almost constantly,” survey finds.
- Chinese internet giants hand algorithm data to the government. Algorithms decide what users see and the order they see it in.
- The US Offers a $10 Million Bounty for Intel on the Conti Ransomware Gang.
- Russian “Hacktivists” Are Causing Trouble Far Beyond Ukraine. The pro-Russian group Killnet is targeting countries supporting Ukraine.