Last week in the news: Updates of Java’s developer tools – Micronaut, Helidon, Payara; Apple’s and Zoom’s updates, which fix dangerous security flaws.
- Java News Roundup by InfoQ: JDK 19-RC1, Multiple Spring Updates, Micronaut, Helidon, Payara.
- Spring Authorization Server 1.0 is planned for November 2022. The project is based on Spring Security 6.0.
- Processing Data with Kotlin Dataframe Preview. The DataFrame library works together with Kotlin data classes.
Career and IT market:
- Congress is investigating Twitter whistleblower claims. And they’re calling on the FTC and DOJ to do the same.
- Snap agrees to $35 million settlement over privacy lawsuit. Illinois Snapchat users may be eligible for a cut.
- Meta reaches $37.5 million settlement of Facebook location tracking lawsuit.
- Meta Just Happens to Expand Messenger’s End-to-End Encryption.
- Zoom’s latest update on Mac includes a fix for a dangerous security flaw. The flaw could let a hacker take over your system.
- Apple has released an update to fix security flaws on its iPhone, iPad and Mac devices, which it says hackers may have "actively exploited".