Last week in the news: Twitter gives in to user requests for edit button; LastPass confirms attackers stole some source code.
- Java News Roundup by InfoQ: Eclipse GlassFish, Open Liberty, MicroStream, JHipster, WildFly, EclipseLink.
- A Distributed System is Knowable: an Impossible Thing for Developers.
- Java 8 to 18: Most important changes in the Java Platform.
Career and IT market:
- Instagram fined $400 million for failing to protect children's data. Instagram plans to appeal against the fine.
- Snapchat to lay off more than 1,200 staffers, or 20% of global headcount.
- US bars “advanced tech” firms from building China factories for 10 years.
- Twitter gives in to user requests for edit button. It is currently testing the feature.
- LastPass confirms attackers stole some source code. It says user data doesn’t seem to have been accessed or affected.
- Google Chrome’s latest update has a security fix you should install ASAP. Luckily updating Chrome is usually as simple as restarting.
- Hackers caused a massive traffic jam in Moscow using a ride-hailing app. They ordered dozens of taxis to the same location at once.