The Java Syntax quest was developed at the secret CodeGym center. It consists of 10 levels devoted to the fundamentals of the Java language. It can be mastered even by someone who has never programmed before. You will learn about classes, objects, methods, and variables. You will study basic data types, arrays, conditional statements, and loops. Take a quick look at collections and OOP basics (a serious study of these topics will begin in Quest 4), and start working in IntelliJ IDEA, a popular development environment used by programmers all over the world!
But most importantly, you will complete a lot of tasks. Tasks play a central role at CodeGym. And virtual mentors will help you deal with mistakes (Your solutions are checked instantly).
- Level 0LockedIntroduction
- Level 1LockedIntroduction to Java: screen output, String and int types
- Level 2LockedIntroduction to Java: variables, methods, classes
- Level 3LockedYour first program: keyboard input, working in the IDE
- Level 4LockedIntroduction to branches and loops
- Level 5LockedIntroduction to classes: writing your own classes, constructors
- Level 6LockedIntroduction to objects: writing your own objects, lifetime, static variables
- Level 7LockedArrays and lists: Array, ArrayList, Introduction to generics
- Level 8LockedCollections: LinkedList, HashSet, HashMap. Date.
- Level 9LockedIntroduction to exceptions: try, catch, throws, multi-catch
- Level 10LockedConverting primitive types: widening and narrowing conversions