Greetings, friends! You’ve waited for this event for so long. You asked us “When will it happen??” again and again. The answer is: today is the day we are happy to present you with a new… no, two brand new CodeGym Quests at once! That means you will get 323 new fascinating lectures and 565 coding tasks of diverse complexity. You may go through Java Multithreading and Java Collection Quests in any order after having your Java Syntax and Java Core Quests completed. Once you pass the new quests, you’ll be very close to being a Java pro!
New mega feature: big tasks!Meet a new CodeGym feature that helps you improve your skills of working with bigger projects. Both Java Multithreading and Java Collection Quests contain special type of coding problems. We called them “big tasks”. They are kind of mini projects divided into several “ordinary” tasks. When you solve all parts of big tasks you will get cool programs of your own, such as a restaurant emulator, an ATM, job aggregator and a few simple games.
Java Multithreading topics:
- Internal Structure of Object: equals, hashCode, clone, wait, notify, toString()
- All about String: mutable, immutable, format, StringTokenizer, StringBuilder, StringBuffer
- Internal classes, examples: Map.Entry
- Internal classes, implementation features
- Threads: start, interrupt, sleep, yield
- Shared access to exclusive data: synchronized, volatile
- DeadLock. Wait, notify, notifyAll
- ThreadGroup, ThreadLocal, Executor, ExecutorService, Callable. Experience with Jsoup
- Autoboxing, implementation features
- Operators: numeric, logical and binary. Swing Experience
Java Collection topics:
- Work with files and archives
- RMI and dynamic proxy. Swing Experience
- Recursion Garbage collection and link types in Java. Logging
- Version Control Systems: Git and SVN. Generics
- Basic patterns for creating web applications. In-depth study of collections
- Design patterns. Utility classes Arrays. Collections
- Development Methodologies. Annotations in Java. Exception hierarchy
- My first web application. Work with Tomcat and Idea
- URI, URL. REST services. Create your client server application.